So, I finally got a new laptop. My old one is an Asus i3 with 6GB RAM. It’s already 2 years old. but still works really well, but I got a new job, and it uses several tools that need a lot more RAM, Encryption (Win 10 PRO). So, I bought a new laptop.
My new Thinkpad 13 (2nd Gen) Spec Highlight:
- i5-7200 (a lot better faster than my Asus i3-5005 CPU)
- 16GB: I add extra 8GB (I no longer need to close any chrome tab.. ever)
- Touch screen *kinda useful.
- Finger Print Login *kinda useful.
- Keyboard back-light *kinda useful.
- Win 10 Pro *kinda useful.
- 1,4 Kg weight – lighter than my 2 kg Asus laptop.
From the review the keyboard and trackpad is awesome, but I’m not sure about that. I think they are OK-ish. But not super awesome.
I also “upgrade” several tools that I use in my new laptop.
- XAMPP to Local by Flywheel (but probably still gonna install XAMPP later)
- Notepad++ to VS Code (Notepad++ start to be buggy, not sure why)
Probably will explain in other blog post.